Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Hexagons

Colder weather means it's time to bring out the crochet hooks and wool!!! I brought some wool a few weeks ago to make a baby rug for my new niece (due in July). I wanted to do something a little different instead of the usual granny squares I have been crocheting. I have been following the Wednesday Hexalong posts over on Mel's blog and thought I would try crocheting some hexagons :) I found a pattern here and it is very easy to understand and follow. There was one stitch (bobble stitch) that I had not used before, but there is a video clip demonstrating how to do it. There was also an easy tutorial about how to crochet the threads in, so I had a go at changing colours. I'm loving how they are looking so far and can't wait to start stitching them together :) I have made 20 so far...only 40 more to go!

No comments: