Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Layouts...

These are 2 LO that I did on the weekend - I am really happy how they turned out.

I have tried to scrap the Kindy graduation LO twice with different papers and layout ideas, but it just didn't seem to "work". I absolutely love the way this one turned out though :o) Black Magic October sketch #1


The papers and some embellishments were from Creative Artz challenge kit for last month. Due to the wedding I didn't get a chance to enter, but I already had some ideas and printed the photo specifically for the kit. I decided to do the LO, but added some different embellishments and left other bits & pieces out - which gave me more creative freedom.

We took Indy to the dog groomers on Monday - it was the first time we've had him clipped (he's only 10mths old). We got him clipped short all over ready for summer. He looks completely different - I though he might look silly, but it suits him just as much as long hair. I have tried to take pics of him, but as usual he just won't sit still long enough LOL He was a little distressed and unsettled afterwards - we've never left him anywhere with strangers before and usually Jedi is with him, but he's back to his usual self now.

We started packing this morning!! My mum and her partner Mike are travelling with us - we are taking our own cars (there is way too much stuff to fit in just 1 car). Because they do a lot more camping then us they have majority of the gear we will need (cookware, portable stove, etc) already packed into containers / bags. DH & I just have to pack our tent / camping stuff, fishing gear and clothes. I have to duck out to the shops at lunch to pick up some bits & pieces.

Holiday countdown...3 sleeps!

2 comments:

*** Kylie*** said...

I love this Layout..I like how you ripped the paper and left the section in between.... Noticed you have a piccie of you with your profile now too :) yay! Hope you have a great Holiday!! we will miss ya of course :) ps. Don't forget to bring back presents heheheheheh !!!

Love Scrappin' said...

love both layouts ..the cluttering looks fantastic as are the bright happy colours..have fun on your holiday!