Monday, August 11, 2008

I had a great weekend....

Saturday I had singing rehearsal and did a bit of shopping with my mum, then spent the night curled up in bed watching SATC. I'm not much of a party animal anymore! :o)

Sunday was a beautiful sunny day, so DH and I went to the beach for fish & chips. I spent the rest of the afternoon at ISTIA. A BIG thanks to Helen from Lorna Blue for arranging the challenge packs. Usually not my choice of papers, but they matched perfectly with a photo of Bec & myself (I actually had a pic of my nephew picked out, but it didn't suit the papers). I am REALLY pleased with the way this LO turned out!! I finally got a chance to use one of my new dies and used the technique of creating the title on tags, something I have always wanted to try.

You can check out all the other gorgeous LO at the ISTIA blog.

Helen also brought some stock from her online store so I picked up some funky chipboard trees I had been drooling over and some cute stamps. We were lucky enough to have Helen demonstrate a heat embossing technique and Petrina demonstrated a masking technique-thanks for that!!

Had a bit of a lazy scrapping weekend - didn't get much done. I was hoping to get a few challenge LO started. I have a confession to make.....I have a large pile of unfinished LO. I know, I know...BAD scrapper!!!! They mock me constantly, but there is just that "something" missing from them. I have made it a goal to work on and complete at least one of these LO every weekend.

I noticed I had a visitor from the UK this morning, but no comments from anyone :o(

1 comment:

*** Kylie*** said...

We did have fun yesterday didn't we!!! It was great and I love your LO! Looking forward to seeing more of your work on this blog...so get scrapping girly!