Saturday, November 15, 2008

Garage sales and a productive day....

My mum LOVES going to garage sales - she gets up super early on a Saturday morning to go to them - I like my sleep too much to haul my butt out of bed that early. LOL She has picked up some amazing bargains and always picks up little things for me. Today she got me a pair of brand new sandals (still in the box) for $3 and this beautiful glass cake stand for $1..


After she come home with one lot of stuff, Mum wanted to check out some more garage sales - so I decided to go along and check it out. I picked up a a heap of soft toys for Indy (since it only took him one night to rip apart the new, expensive toy we brought him Thursday). He thought he was in doggy heaven....


And this for $10 - marked down from $20 - bargain!!.....

I've always loved these! Now I just need to work out where to put it and how to explain it to DH....LOL

So apart from bargain hunting, I had a go at making these tickets. I downloaded the template from this blog (I've posted about this blog before - she has fabulous (free) journalling templates. Then last night I changed all the words into English and particular sayings or themes to suit future LO and printed up an A4 size piece of card stock. On the blog it has a basic tutorial about how to create the ticket shape - very simple. So I spent today finishing them - I am REALLY pleased with how these turned out!! :o)


I then made all of the invites for Bec's baby shower (not the best quality pic) - I just need to confirm where she has a gift registry so I can print up the vellum for the inside.


Just going to do a bit more housework, then relax ready for singstar at Elena's tonight - can't wait!!

1 comment:

Petrina McDonald said...

YAY! Found your link - off to check out those tickets! I can't wait to see how you use my buckles too - send me pics so I can put them up on my chippy blog if that is ok.
:) P